We specialize in Regenerative Medicine with stem cell use.
Creation Wellness Clinic in Lubbock Texas is proud to offer Placental stem cell cryopreserved amniotic fluid, a pathway to Regenerative Medicine. Placental is a human placental derived allograft rich with the basic components that help heal injured tissue, while preventing inflammation and scarring. Tissue regeneration and pain relief is helped by the full range of growth factors, HA, cytokines, cells, collagen substrates, fibroblasts, carbohydrates, lipids, amino acids, and enzymes present. These components work together at the site of injury so new cells can form, and the injured tissue can be repaired, remodeled, and rebuilt back to its normal state. Placental has potent natural anti-inflammatory, anti-fibrotic and antimicrobial properties. Dr. John Smyer and the team from Creation Wellness Clinic are pleased to offer this advanced treatment to patients throughout West Texas.
Placental is useful in treatment of a variety of clinical conditions:
- Chronic pain, trigger points, chronic neuritis, back pain, joint pain, and other localized areas of inflammation.
- Augment tendon, fasciae, ligament and capsule repair. Treatment of soft tissue defects and injuries. Synovial injuries, injured chondral surfaces, chronic tendinopathies and tendinosis, and chronic fasciosis. Sports Injuries.
- Reduce scarring, fibrosis, reduce scar formation, adhesions, augment soft tissue repair.
Comparisons Of Therapy Types:
- Antimicrobial effects and pain relief
- No limits on use, typically one application is sufficient
- Alternative to surgery, steroids and long term physical therapy
- No known side effects
- No maximum dose
- Demonstrated success in resolving plantar osteoarthritis, fasciitis and tendinitis
PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP)
- Your own blood components separated to isolate your own growth factors
- Used for a variety of injuries
- Due to your age
- Due to other diseases you may have (6 months later)
- Due to medication you take
- Mechanical degradation in process to isolate the active components in your blood may be limited in number and potency
- AKA Synthetically produced steroid injection – potent anti-inflammatory
- Maximum dose three per year to any one anatomic area
- Skin thinning
- Skin discoloration
- Tendon rupture
- Elevation of glucose
- Weakening of bone
- Significant pain relief – short lived
As the Amnion (innermost layer of the placenta) protects the fetus during development, Placental provides the same to injured or traumatized tissue. The chorion is removed to reduce the risk of graft host reaction. Placental is obtained from healthy donors who have volunteered to donate their amniotic fluid, after undergoing elective healthy Cesarean delivery. Each donor has submitted their past medical history, social history, and serologies for Medical Director review. The donated tissue is collected aseptically, then tested at the time of collection to ensure viability and safety, then again before processing and cleansing, then again after preparation and once again a percentage of units per USP standard are selected for testing. Placental is processed to the highest standards in a state-of-the-art AATB accredited and FDA regulated facility. No fetus was sacrificed for the isolation of the Placental Stem Cells – all are placental derived.